Dating back to the period before the foundation of Portugal (1143), Quinta da Comenda was owned by the Queen D.
Teresa, mother of the first king of Portugal, D. Afonso Henriques. A farming and wine growing estate surrounds a house of exceptional architectural beauty.
The wines produced here have been known since the days of the Order of Malta.
Its present owners have started a project of biological agriculture, pioneer in this region, and produce a fabulous wine well-known worldwide.
The exceptional architecture, intimate gardens and granite fountains encourage meditation and make this a very special place to stay.